I spent two years working on my album, RED. I called it that because of the tumultuous, crazy adventures in love and loss that it chronicles. In my mind, when you experience love that’s fast paced and out of control and mixes infatuation, jealousy, frustration, miscommunication, and all of those lovely emotions… In retrospect, it all looks red.
TID Apreciation Week | Day 5: Favourite Relationship → Will & Tessa
You know that feeling,” she said, “when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, see the net drawing tight around the characters who live and breathe on the pages. But you are tied to the story as if being dragged behind a carriage and you cannot let go or turn the course aside.” His blue eyes were dark with understanding — of course Will would understand.
Favorite TMI/TID quotes
- Will Herondale: Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck
- Jace Herondale: She just asked if she could touch my mango
- Jem Carstairs: Don't say you are sorry, say you'll train with me
- Tessa Gray: Are you highly intoxicated at the moment?
- Clary Fray: I figured all your classes were stuff like Slaughter 101 and Beheading for Beginners
- Magnus Bane: The only person who gets to canoodle in my bedroom is my magnificent self
- Izzy Lightwood: Is the mortal cup Jace, not the mortal toilet bowl
- Alec Lightwood: I‘m a demon hunter, clearly, I am not afraid of the dark
- Max Lightwood: Do people ever climb the demon towers? Like, for any reason?
- Simon Lewis: The nod means, 'I' am a badass, and I recognize that you, too, are a badass
- Sebastian Morgenstern: You asked me who I belong to. I belong to you
- Charlotte Branwell: if you set yourself on fire deliberately, I will institute divorce proceedings
- Henry Branwell: You love me, too, Lottie?
- Luke Garroway: Why would I have a spider? Do I look like someone who would collect them?
- Jessamine Lovelace: What’s the word for a perfectly reasonable fear of annoying idiots?
- Cecily Herondale: You know, you really didn’t have to throw that man through the window
- Sophie Collins: It's all right to love someone who doesn't love you back, as long as they're worth you loving them
- Gideon Lightwood: What if I were to ask you...
- Gabriel Lightwood: Father is a worm
TID Appreciation Week: Day 2 - Favourite Book out of the Series
↳ Clockwork Princess - ”And now I need you to do for me what I cannot do for myself. For you to be my eyes when I do not have them. For you to be my hands when I cannot use my own. For you to be my heart when mine is done beating.”
The Darling Buds Interview
TMI APPRECIATION WEEK
Day 4: Favorite quotes
“Screw writing strong women. Write interesting women. Write well-rounded women. Write complicated women. Write a woman who kicks ass, write a woman who cowers in a corner. Write a woman who’s desperate for a husband. Write a woman who doesn’t need a man. Write women who cry, women who rant, women who are shy, women who don’t take no shit, women who need validation and women who don’t care what anybody thinks. THEY ARE ALL OKAY, and all those things could exist in THE SAME WOMAN. Women shouldn’t be valued because we are strong, or kick-ass, but because we are people. So don’t focus on writing characters who are strong. Write characters who are people.”
requested by dilaurentison. lyrics: linkin park | wastelands
Page 1 of 16